Monday, September 1, 2008

Bangalore-Anchetti-Hogenakkal

30th Aug,
Desperately needed to ride this week so at 10:PM , messaged XBHP guys asking if any one were in for a ride, replies poured in asking for the destination, I just wanted to ride away from Bangalore, as usual JOHN replied back " Anchetti 70kms from Kanakpura, meeting point cool joint 5:30". I was happy that some one would be riding with me, didn't bother him asking what was the place famous for. Slept at 3:00 AM, me and santu went for a small night ride , he wanted a cigg :D, happy we went out as it was a while we went out at that time (around 1Am), we were going out lot when Pradhyumna was in India(Missed u buddy).

5 Am, woke up took a quick shower, reached BDA complex at 5:40, john joined me 10 mins later, we procceded to cool joint met Prof.Najundappa and his friend, got to know Manju had a flat tyre he said he will be joining at Metro. Took few pics at metro while waiting for Manju and Jasir.

Manju and Jasir joined after 20 mins, without any delay we left, took Jasir as pillon cruised at 90's and reached Kanakapura around 8:30, stopped for breakfast, Thanks Prof sir breakfast was good.

As we closed in on Anchetti, the view was sooper, we stopped at many places took some pics . Jasir took out my camera and became our camera man for the day. The place cant be described in words. so more pics.

Beautiful Roads



Water Splash

Loved this route



The last 2-stroke in production :)

Had a close incident here, but lucky me and jasir brought down our legs in time and avoided the fall.

My other half

Roads while going to hogenakkal


Roads while coming back from hogenakkal




Very close to Hogenakkal



At Hogenakkal





As hogenakkal was not in our plan and it was around 2 when we reached the place, we finished our lunch, i again couldn't eat fish :(. As it was getting late we skipped the boating plans, just went to some near by falls and and a quick dip and left from there. While coming back we took the Dharmapuri-krishnagiri route coming back.

Riders and Steeds
Prof. Nanjudappa - Unicorn
Mithun- R15
John- P220
Manju- P150(fastest)
Diwakar-ZMA.

First hand Pillion Report:

Wanted to know how good was R15 for pillion on long rides, here is a small review from JASIR
who was pillion for 250+(out of 350)kms. Thanks for the review JASIR

As I was lazily getting up from the ring of my phone I understood that I was being dragged for a ride for which I had very little time to be prepared about. My bike was not serviced so Manjunath had me pillion his bike till he got a puncture, however, we were lucky enough to get a shop open the wee morning hours to get it fixed and I needed change of bike since Manju was concerned about the reliability of the tire.

Mithun was kind enough to pillion me on his R-15 and I was a bit surprised at the seat of this thing, it was small and wasn't wide like commuter bike, the footrest was high enough to play drums on your knees :D. That being apart, I was more overwhelmed by the comfort of the seat being a sports bike. We started from 6.30 AM to 5.30 PM and I was on the back of the rider all the time. On a serious tone, the back seat was considered at the time of the designing of the bike, even on a long trip, no back or butt sores, it's like being bike chauffeured the entire trip, it relaxing cool and awesome. Once you have got the comfort zone of the seat, you can actually make an aerodynamic seating with the rider and experience pure speed or cruise (at 90 kmph). There was also a time where we had a slight slip on moss on a road bridge, and another great thing was the foot rest was kept at a right height for me to jump out and get my hands and knees under the bike before it fell on the sides. Unlike the other bikes your foot does lay on the other side way down, it just shrugs at the back of the bike for a quick dismount.

Thanks Mithun for the experience, not only was I in love with the R-15 before but also intensified it since I'm sure that it can give comfort to someone sit behind me.


For more Pics click here.

3 comments:

TrojaN said...

I wish i was there to go on all the rides man....

and i guess my bike is not getting sold so i think i will keep it and get the chasis and forks replaced when i come back.

need some fast paced fun.

been a long time.

SantoshSh said...

hello....
awesome place man that too in this season it looks superb in pics. i missed it for sure. but was helpless. will go once this trojan a** returns..just need some time to restore my bike and i will be in. hope latte also will be joining us soon...

Mithun said...

yes when our trojan a** comes back we can go any place, and about going out on RX to these places will be awesome, no sound no pollution except the RX sound and 2-T oil smell. cant wait for it :)